Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Most Potente Potions

It is once again that time of the year when I refuse to get out from under the blanket until I really really have to go…or my box of hundred 'manadeel' [read 'tissues'] has run out.

Yes …. I have the sniffles.

It has set in and that my extensive research on google for "Common cold" reveals that the bug is gonna stay for atleast five days.

The antibiotics that my mum is forcing down my throat are just gonna wage a futile war and add a fever to my misery.

[uc: Common cold is a viral infection. Viruses live in host cells a.k.a our cells so it's tough to do anything to them without hurting ourselves. Best thing to do is wait for the immune system to kick the bad guys out]

I've tried to explain the above scientifics to my mum but she never listens.[no surprises there]

So while I bundled myself up and watched boredom and sleep wrestle each other to get the better of me, I tried to remember all the bizarre DIY fixes I've resorted to in the last two years to tackle the 'bug'


Here are a few:

Plain ginger juice

My fave – Pepper chicken soup

Usha aunty's Pepper rasam gulped down hot without a break

Hot Milk with turmeric

Hot Milk with pepper

And the WINNER:

Hot Milk + Ginger juice + turmeric + honey + pepper + tulsi + saffron = FIRE






Did I hear somebody say suicide???? Naaa….u shd try it… They peeled me off the ceiling, but I slept like baby afterwards.

:P

2 comments:

Bobb said...

Loved it... :D

Anonymous said...

Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally - taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.